Anthony S. Ercolano
Over the last half century, Anthony (Tony) Ercolano:
· Served as a Roman Catholic Priest in the Diocese of Brooklyn, NY, for 33 years.
· For many of those years, he was an associate pastor in Jackson Heights, Bayside, and Flushing.
· He also was the Spiritual Director at a parochial high school in Queens for 15 years.
· Over those years, he conducted numerous workshops here and abroad on meditation (centering prayer), and other areas of faith formation and personal growth.
· He also spent a great deal of time preparing couples for marriage and helping them when difficulties arose in their relationships.
· More recently, he worked at one of the premier hospitals in the nation as a manager and senior writer for development, marketing, and public (external) affairs. He earned his Doctor of Ministry degree from NY Theological Seminary in 2002.
· He is a member of the Circle (Board) of the Federation of Christian Ministries (FCM); the Treasurer of the Board of the Foundation for Religion and Mental Health; and a member of the Board of his local Catholic Academy.
· He left active ministry in 2005 and married Margaret in 2006, inheriting, at last count, seven adult children, 15 grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
· He and Margaret have been involved for the last number of years in leading mission teams from local parishes to the Mustard Seed Communities in Nicaragua, that serve abandoned, developmentally disabled infants, children, young adults, and the adults they will become.
· Through his involvement in FCM, he and Margaret continue to prepare couples for marriage and officiate at their weddings.
· We also dress up on occasion.